People should consider hemp seeds to be a superfood. The seeds are rich in protein, fiber, and healthful fatty acids, including omega-3s and omega-6s. They have antioxidant effects and may reduce symptoms of numerous ailments, improving the health of the heart, skin and joints.
In this recipe we will add more probiotics to hemp seeds for more easy digestion and flavored with garlic, dill, turmeric so you have more choices to add hemp to your diet.
Ingredients: (adjust for your taste.)
• 1 cup hemp hearth
• 2-3 garlic cloves, a pinch of sea salt,
• ½ tsp turmeric, a pinch of black pepper
• 1 tsp. dill weed (put more if you prefer more)
• 1 tbsp sugar to feed bacteria (if you are serious concern about sugar just leave out)
• ½ cup ginger bug (depend on how thick & creamy you want) *
* Any kind of culture will do such as whey, kombucha, milk kefir, fermented veg. juice, taste will vary by your culture.
Remark: in case don’t have any culture
• use 1 probiotic capsule powder
• ½ cup unflavored almond milk/ coconut milk or soy milk
Learn more about fermented veg. juice here: https://youtu.be/tnYC0I8Npqw
Learn more about ginger bug here: https://youtu.be/0sM4-AEGthM
1. Place hemp seeds and everything in food processor. Blend to a thick paste, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. Blending may take a few minutes until it reaches a smooth & creamy texture.
2. Put in the bowl or jar, leaving about 1-1.5 inches of head space for expansion and rising during the fermentation process.
3. Cover & Let ferment in a warm, dry, & dark place (60-75°F is preferred) for 1-2 days, you will see bubbly and then place in the refrigerator to slow fermentation. The longer you let it ferment, the more tart it will be, so find the sweet spot you like by tasting them. You might want to add some lemon juice after fermented if your fermented done but not sour enough, depend on your preference.
4. It is ready as a spread or cream cheese on your toast, or snack dip for vegetables for easy digestion. The longest time that I ever let them stay in the fridge to finish them was 2 weeks, no problems about mold. Not sure if longer than that what will happen. Enjoy!!!
**Research supports that combining the piperine in black pepper with the curcumin in turmeric enhance curcumin absorption by up to 2,000%